Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Surviving A 40

Surviving A 40

I was sick the past two days. Last wednesday, I went home early from work anticipating that I have a high fever. When I checked my temperature, it barely reached 38.5. But I have a splitting headache, colds and I was sneezing for, like, every three minutes. So I decided to drink Biogesic and Decolgen. Then I slept.

When I woke up, I was feeling a lot better, or that's what I thought. My mom asked me to checked on my temperature again before I drink my medicines. I was expecting it to be lower than my previous temperature. After the thermometer rested in my kili kili for five minutes, I pullled it out. It was a freakin' 40. I drank all the necesarry medicines and cancelled all my appointments the next day. I also called in sick at GMA.

I really thought it was dengue. But I just scared the shit out of me. By the time the day ends, my fever went down to 39. I slpet for ten hours that night and it felt so good!

Yesterday, between reading The Truth About Diamonds by Nicole Richie and watching Friends DVD, I slept the entire time.

Now I am up and all better! Cancelled meetings will push through tomorrow and on Saturday, I think. And I am expecting a haggard Monday at GMA -- SONA of PGMA. I wonder what will happen: will De Venecia clap his hands excitedly like he did two SONAs ago? Will Villar do a Drilon by frowning the entire SONA?

Oh no, my entry is starting to be political. I should stop.

Suffice to say, I survived my 40. Anyway, looking back, I rarely get fever. But when I do, it is never low. It is normal for me to have high fever. Back in college, I even reached 42. But I was still able to go to school! I think this is because I had a convulsion when I was a child. I remember the first time my mom told me the story of my two titos dipping my whole body in a drum of water. I laughed just thinking of what I look like. but my two titos must be scared to death at that time.

My night outs have taken its toll. This is God's way of tapping my shoulders to tell me to slow down. I learned my lessons that I will have to take it one step at a time. I am slowing it down a bit this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home