Sunday, July 01, 2007

Conversation With Twelve Year Old Chicco

Conversation With Twelve Year Old Chicco

Now Chicco: It has been a long time since I wanted to talk to you.

Twelve Year Old Chicco: I have been wanting to talk to you to.

NC: It was so much simpler in your times.

TYOC: It was.

NC: Now, it has become so much complicated. I am too much pressured to work for me to be able to help my family. Sometimes, I feel so alone and lonely. Just like right now. When I was at your phase, I was so happy with the things that I have. I was at ease with the way things are happening around me. I was care free.

TYOC: It should be simple. Life is just simple. Only we, human, tend to complicate life.

NC: I know. But I am starting to feel suffocated by the things that are bothering me.

TYOC: And that would be what?

NC: You know, usual stuff that people whine about -- life, family, work and love.

TYOC: It can be hard sometimes. But who said life is not hard? You just have to take things one step at a time. Don't think too much. Take life lightly. And think of happy thoughts.

NC: Ahuh..

TYOC: Look at the bright side of your life: you have a stable job, you have numerous 'rakets', you have great friends, plus you have your mom.

NC: But it was much happier when I was your age. The time when we, as a whole family, will go out to go to church, eat breakfast and shop.

TYOC: Chicco, you have to accept the fact that your family will never be the same again. You have to make peace with that. If not, you will continue to dwell on that for the next years. And dwelling will not do you any good.

NC: But it takes time to accept those kinds of things, you know.

TYOC: Accept it. Slowly, but surely.

NC: I wish I was your age again.

TYOC: When you were my age, you were always wishing for time to fly fast so you could work and earn money.

NC: Yeah, and now I have learned that it is not easy, I want to jump right back to my mother's fetus for me to experience another childhood. Did I deprive you of a happy childhood?

TYOC: No, my childhood is perfect as it is.

NC: Really? I am so scared that a time will come that I will regret having a bad childhood.

TYOC: You did not. Though there were bum moments, you have a childhood filled with love and fun.

NC: I wish I was still you.

TYOC: You are still me. I still live inside of you. Jaded, but still living. Unadultered and never fading. You will be forever me.

NC: Thanks. It was nice talking to you.

TYOC: Anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home