Monday, May 05, 2008

Escaping Reality

Escaping Reality

Escaping reality is fun even if it us just for awhile.

Last weekend, I went to Bataan with a bunch of my great friends. We stayed for three days and two nights and did nothing but hang out, eat, drink, swim, sleep and laugh. The last time I took a vacation was last year before I entered GMA. Back then, I went to Galera to clear my mind and to decide if I will go back to GMA. The wind whispered that I should.

I went to Bataan with a mission to decide whether I should stay at GMA or leave and be self employed again. I never arrived on a final decision. I am still confused. Maybe I should stay for this year.

This year, my vacation was very different. We were back to our carefree selves. We laughed as though no one could hear us. I danced as if no one was watching me. We drank as though no one would judge us. Well, we put our Grand Matador mix in a Nestea bottle so no one would notice we were drinking alcohol as early as 4 PM. The beach resort is not that great. Imagine having to pay for every move. On our last night, we decided to eat at their cafe but it turned out that all tey have to offer us is sandwiches. On our last day, after we sunbathed, we found out that we have no water in our room. We have to go to the admin for them to open the water pump. Sheesh. Nevertheless, as the cliche goes, it is not about the place, it is about who you are with. Whenever I'm with these guys (Bellas group), rest assured, we will have a blast. We could turn a boring moment into a memorable one.

But the hard part of being on a vacation is going back to reality. We escaped reality but only for thos three days. My heart felt the loneliness of reality as we were travelling along NLEX. There, I can smell Manila. I can smell work.

Up until now, I am still undecided on the things I need to decide. Maybe I just want to quit because am just stressed out. Or maybe I need to hear the calm of the wind again.

I need to escape reality once in awhile. Swear.

1 Comments:

Blogger JOLLY ROGER said...

How do you do… escaping

“Heeeeeeeeeeelp!”

To escape is what we humans do throughout our lives. In countries, relationships, friends, jobs, lifestyles and dear old braino with all its pseudo logic, afflictive desires and tempting idiosyncrasies. But will we, could we, do we, want to escape?

YES

...more at lifestyleguides.blogspot.com

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home