Sunday, October 01, 2006

Milenyo

Milenyo

I cannot believe I will actually write this entry.

Last Thursday, Super Typhoon Milenyo hit Metro Manila. The wind was strong, the rain was hard and the power was out. At around 2 PM in the afternoon, our house’s gutter began to break down. And the water was starting to pour inside our house. I will admit this: for the first time in so many years, I got scared of Milenyo.

Non stop rain poured all throughout the day. At around 6 PM, I was lying in my bed thinking of things I got myself into these past few days. I also thought of what transpired that day. After five minutes of recap, I realized one thing that I was so scared to admit: I miss having a dad.

When we watch movies or a TV Series, daddies are always on the rescue every time a big storm hits their house. Daddies' strong arms are always strong that when you are in it, you always feel safe.

Do not get me wrong, I love my mom and I am so thankful for her. But I miss having a dad. I am not saying I miss my dad. I just miss having a dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home